(1) Definition of personal information
In this application, personal information is defined as the information about living individuals (name, DOB, other information identifying specific individuals) as stipulated in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, information such as email address, user ID, password, credit card information leading to individual specification, and personal information such as hobbies, family structure, age, and other personal attribute information.
(2) Information about cookie & IP address
Cookie and IP address are not individual identifying information when standing alone so they are not considered as personal information. However, they shall be considered as personal information when used together with other personal information. The management media of this app shall release the purpose and way when using cookie and IP address even in the case when they are not individual identifying. Also, cookie information may be rejected through settings in browser. The app shall release the related information when cookie is rejected that the service cannot be provided.
(3) Specification of personal information usage purpose
This app endeavors to specify the usage purpose when handling personal information.
(4) Limitations of personal information usage
Without consent from users, this app shall not handle any extra personal information not necessary for the usage purposes. Moreover, this app shall not handle and combine any additional personal information not necessary for the claimed purposes when the additional one is obtained for another purpose. However, it is not limited to the followings.
1) When required by laws.
2) When the use is necessary for the protection of life, physical safety, and assets that attainment of users’ consent is difficult.
3) When the use is especially necessary for the improvement of public hygiene and sound foster of children that attainment of users’ consent is difficult.
4) When the use is necessary as a cooperation with national institutes, local public organizations, or any organizations with the consignments for purposes stipulated by laws that attainment of users’ consent disrupts or may disrupt the execution.
(5) Proper collection of personal information
This app shall collect personal information in a proper manner not through any nefarious or false ways. The app also stays mindful not to collect personal information from children under the age of 15 without the consent of their parents.
(6) Notification of usage purpose of personal information upon collection
This app shall release the usage purpose of person information upon collection, but not limited to the followings.
1) When the notification of the usage purpose to users or the notification execution negatively affect or may affect the life, physical safety, and asset of the user or any other third parties.
2) When the notification of the usage purpose to users or the notification execution negatively affect or may affect the rights and proper benefits of this app.
3) When the use is necessary as a cooperation with national institutes, local public organizations, or any organizations with the consignments for purposes stipulated by laws that notification of the usage purpose to users or the execution of the notification disrupts or may disrupt the execution.
4) When the collection situation is considered clearly revealing the usage purpose.
(7) Change of personal information usage purpose
When changing the personal information usage purpose, this app shall notify users and release details of the changes; the change shall be considered reasonable and relevant to the usage purpose before any changes.
(8) Safe management of personal information & instructions to employees
In order to prevent leakage, loss, and damage, this app shall endeavor to manage personal information safely. Personal information protection regulations should be fixed and proper, necessary instructions should be given to employees.
(9) Supervision to business consignment partners
When entrusting all or part of the handling of personal information to a consignment partner, this app shall sign a contract, including contents about confidentiality, with the entrusted party or asks for agreement on the terms and conditions prepared by this app as necessary and appropriate supervision to the entrusted party for the safety management of personal information.
(10) Limitation of third-party providence
This app shall not provide any personal information to a third party without the prior consent of users except in the following cases.
1) When the providence is based on laws
2) When the providence is necessary for the protection of life, physical safety, and asset that user consent attainment is difficult.
3) When the providence is especially needed for the improvement of public hygiene and sound foster of children that attainment of users’ consent is difficult.
4) When the providence is necessary as a cooperation with national institutes, local public organizations, or any organizations with the consignments for purposes stipulated by laws that notification disrupts or may disrupt the execution.
5) When the followings are notified or released.
1 The usage purpose includes providence to a third party
2 Data item to be provided to a third party
3 The way/ method to provide the information to a third party
4 Providence of personal information to third party is terminated based on request of the user
However, the definition of “third party” captioned above does not include the followings.
1) When this app provide personal information or a part of it as a business consignment to achieve the usage purpose.
2) When personal information is provided for takeover of business based on merges or other reasons.
3) The app shall ensure users are notified when personal information is shared with specific parties including the practice itself, personal information items, shared areas, usage purposes, as well as persons in charge of the management of the personal information concerned, or the app shall ensure the mentioned information is in a status that users are able to get to know easily.
(11) Release of personal information items
This app shall ensure the following items about personal information are in a status that users are able to get to know easily and respond to users queries without delay.
1) Usage purpose of personal information (except when the obligation is excluded by the acts of personal information protection. When decided not to provide response to users, this app shall notify the user about the decision swiftly.)
2) Contact person for enquiries about personal information
(12) Release of personal information
When users request release of their own personal information, this app shall respond and release the information swiftly. Nonetheless, when the release falls into any of the followings that the information or a part of it cannot be released, this app shall notify users the result without delay.
1) When the release disrupt or may disrupts the life, physical safety, and asset of the user or any third parties. 2) When the release disrupt or may disrupt the operation of this app significantly. 3) When the release is a violation of other acts. Other personal information such as access logs shall not be disclosed principally.
(13) Correction of personal information
When users request for correction, addition, or deletion (hereinafter referred to as “Correction”) in the case that personal information is not true, this app shall execute necessary investigation within the essential area to achieve the usage purpose swiftly except when special procedures are needed based on other acts. The result and correction item shall also be notified to the user concerned.
(14) Termination of personal information usage
When users request for termination of personal information usage or deletion of information (hereinafter referred to as “Termination”) based on the fact that usage exceeded the claimed collection purposes or the information is false, or collected through nefarious ways, this app shall execute necessary investigation, terminate the usage based on the result, and notify the user concerned without delay. Nevertheless, when the termination of personal information usage involve a huge amount of expenses and the termination of related uses is difficult, this app shall execute alternatives necessary for the protection of the rights and benefits of the user.
(15) Reason explanation
Regardless of requests from the user concern, our app endeavors to provide reasons in our notification when we decided
1) not to notify the usage purpose
2) not to release any personal information, or part of it
3) not to terminate the use of private information
4) Not to terminate the providence of private information to third parties
Our company is not liable for any errors in the information posted on this app,
falsification of data by a third party, or failure caused by data transmission.
(17) Privacy policies based on EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
(*)The following content covers the personal data of users located in the “European Economic Area (EEA)”- EU member countries plus Iceland, Norway, and Liechtenstein.
1 Privacy protection policies
FEVERS Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “our Company”) endeavors to protect the privacy of all our users. We strongly believe that the foundation of the long-term relationship with our users is based on respect to privacy and transparency. Hence, we endeavor to protect all information provided by our users.
Our definition of personal data is as same as the one of GDPR as of stated below. “It refers to any information about a natural individual that has been identified or can be identified. A natural individual could be identified as a particular person directly or indirectly by referring to one or more of the following elements- name, any sorts of identification number, location data, online identifier, or physical, physiological, genetic, spiritual, economic, cultural or social identity.”
We are the “administrator” of the laws and regulations of the GDPR and different countries who manage the acquisition and the usage purpose of all personal data of our users.
3 Handling method
We collect personal information directly from users during the usage of this App. Also, we may acquire personal information from third-party measurement tool providers or other parties employed in this app.
The hyperlinks used with clear statement of employed measurement tool providers and their GDPR initiatives are as follows.
4 Category of personal data
- Location & contacts- name, residential region, electronic mail address, phone number, etc.
- Related information- enquiry details, etc.
- Information acquired by a third-party tool-including IP address, OS, reference source links, etc.
5 Handling personal data and its usage purpose
Our Company handles the information provided by users in a manner compatible with the GDPR and we endeavor to retain all data for the minimum required period. We also promise to keep personal data when it is stipulated by laws.
Our Company attain personal data of our users for the following purposes.
- Name & residential region- for the use of this app
- Electronic mail address- for the reply to enquiries from users
- Phone no.- to inherit data when users change their devices
- Information acquired by a third-party tool- for the marketing of this app
6 Legal basis
Based on the GDPR, a legal basis is necessary for handling personal data. The legal basis that applies depends on our purpose to handle the personal data of our users.
Our Company may ask for the consent from users when handling their personal data. Users can retreat their consent by contacting us at the information provided in “9 Enquiries” even after the confirmation of their consent. Nevertheless, please be mindful that even if users’ consent is retreated, its intention does not apply to past treatments retroactively that have already been taken.
7 Users’ authority and options
Users have certain rights concerning with the personal data kept by our Company. In addition, the following are the options users can take concerning with the personal data we collected, how we handle it, and the communication approach we adopt.
- Users are able to request for the disclosure of personal data kept by our Company. In other words, confirmation of whether we hold users’ personal data, request for disclosure to personal data managed by our Company, acceptance of information regarding possession of personal data, and acceptance of duplication of personal data held by our Company are all possible.
- Users are able to request for amendment, renewal, and deletion of personal data.
- Users are able to object any handling of personal information for investigation purposes, including marketing purposes.
- Users are able to retreat their consent through forms in enquiries and other methods.
- Users are able to place limitations on the handling of personal data.
- Users are able to transfer their personal data to themselves or other administrators for management (Data portability). Users’ personal data shall be managed in a commonly used, readable format fulfilling all legal stipulations. Also, users’ personal data can be transferred to another administrator when it is technically feasible.
8 Storage of data
Our Company store personal data to the minimum extent necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was attained, unless as required by laws. When required by laws or if personal data is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was attained, we will take steps to dispose or convert users’ personal data into an unidentifiable format permanently.
For any queries or comments regarding this “Article 15 Privacy policies based on EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)” , please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or [email@example.com].